Sunday, March 21, 2010

How do you like your waffles?


Sunday evenings everyone usually eats at home, with their families. I am wondering what I should prepare tonight.
The kids are sick, so I'm thinking I'll only make a light meal, but something they like.
Aha! I think. Waffles! Everyone loves waffles, so I set out to make them.
I separate the eggs, beat the yolks with the butter, same with the flour, and milk. I stir both mixtures together, and fold in the eggwhites which I have beaten stiff.
"Christy, are you making waffles?" my sister Kayla asks me. "Yes," I say with a smile. "You guys like them, don't you?" "I love them," my sister replies, and gives me a quick hug.
Tamra sets the table, and I set out to get the belgian waffle maker for my Aunt. I pour the waffle batter into the waffle maker and notice all the trimmings on the table. Syrup, butter, juice, sausage, cheese, bananas, jam, and surprisingly ice cream.
I make a load of waffles, and bring them to the table, my dad says grace. "Lord Jesus, Heavenly Father, Bless these, thine gifts, we have received from you, through Jesus Christ, Amen!"
The waffles are then passed around and we all take a peice. I make a note of how each of us have a unique way of enjoying them.
My dad eats his with sausage, and a bun with cheeze whiz and jam. Mom, has her plate filled with liver sausage and cheese, but not a whole lot of syrup. Tamra drenches her waffle with butter and syrup, and piles a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, now I uncovered the mystery of that. Kayla spreads strawberry jam on hers, with syrup on top. I look around and it goes on, Reba eats hers with cheese on top, and Jared imitates my evey move. Butter, then a pile of banana slices, and lots of syrup.
I smile at myself as I realize everyone is enjoying this wonderful meal, the waffles that I made. Or perhapst, I think, they are just hungry. :D
So......how do you like your waffles? :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice... Now i'm hungry...
    I love waffles. Haven't had any in ages. Waffles make me reminisce. When my grandma was still alive she always made em' for us. Now we never get them.

    Just syrup for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...either plain or a little syrup....diet....you know....lol

    ReplyDelete