Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Very Boring Day!

Have you ever been bored? Soo bored you would practically do anything to kill time?
Outside the sun is scorching every bit of unshaded surface, but yet the kids are having fun building little villages and towns in their sandboxes. I long to join them as I imagine what all the places they’ve built could be. Is that a department store, where a mother is walking out tired from the heat, and sighing as she tugs her three year old along who wanted that candy push pop, but was hyper enough?
The children laugh and giggle with glee under their fancy sun hats as they haul water to dump into their little lake they’ve build. I look on with envy as I realize the quietness of my house, where only the air conditioner let’s itself be known how hard it’s working to keep everything cool. Hmmmph.
I silently give my ear a cold word for having to get infected at such an inconvenient time. As if it’s the ears fault huh. I watch as the yellow finches eat from my little bird feeder, only pausing occationally to look about and sing a song of thankfulness. “Your most welcome!” I reply back, and smile.
My laptop is laying on the floor reminding me I have yet to beat Richard and Glenda in Bouncing Balls on Facebook. Ha! I think, whoever’s idea of playing that game all day must be joking. I’ve also made myself a dress today, one which I really wasn’t in need of, but anything to keep myself busy.
I wish I could be at the Dairy, helping my mum separate milk, and make cottage cheese. Suddenly a bunch of little angels come running through our front door asking for slush to beat the heat. I smile and tell them they have made my day, as I fill up their small cups with the ice flavoured beverage. They hug me, and joyously chorus a song of thanks as they flutter through the door again, just like those little birdies. Kids are awesome! I wish sometimes we adults would have the minds of children, see the perspective in their way. Won’t that be wonderful?
Well, I think, enough of the self pity, and outside to visit the flowers!  It’s been a whole day since I’ve seen my lilies and 1 inch Dahilas peek out of the ground. Well the lilies are more like 12inches. I want to check out my Glads too. I can hardly wait to see my whole flower garden in full bloom, it’s gonna be soo awesome!
So as you can see anyone who takes their dear sweet time to write such a blog must be realllly bored! Haha! Oh well, if anyone takes their time to actually read it, I guess it shows it wasn't really a waste of time! :)
Have a wonderful gut(good) day! 

2 comments:

  1. Anything to beat boredom huh???? Try wanting to get your flowerbeds all ready and not being able to do a thing!!!!! I wish an angel would come and do it for me!!! Sometimes I could take this laptop and throw it over the roof!! I visited the cowbarn and everything seems to be going good only we're missing!! The walk was good for the spirit but was quite tiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never be bored reading your blog post....I couldn't wait till you updated again......keep it up...

    ReplyDelete