Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Angel.

Yesterday I was at a funeral. It was the funeral of a child.
Victoria was 2 years old when she passed away, she suffered from a breathing condition which I am unable to remember. I recall this small child as always being cheerful, and giving away the cutest smiles. The last few weeks she was in and out of the hospital with pneumonia and infection on her lungs, as these children are easily apt to catch any of these illnesses. Last Thursday, April 22nd, Victoria was taken to Saskatoon with the Air Ambulance, a couple days later she died peacefully with her parents looking on tenderly.
I did not make it to both the wakes, but the day of the funeral, April 26th, I had to go to. As I entered the house where the little girl was, I saw it was filled with many people who were singing to honour the child in God’s name.
I immediately walked over to Victoria’s parents and gave them both a long hug and told them that the little girl was an angel now. I told them I had no way of knowing how they felt, but I did know that a part of them was in heaven now, and that they should feel blessed by God. Jesus was taking care of their little girl now, and she was not suffering anymore. They should feel happy that God chose them to be the parents of Victoria this little while. They will surely be rewarded in heaven for taking care of this tender being so deligently and patiently.
As I proceeded to look at Victoria I saw how perfect and beautiful she was. She was like a porceline doll, every part of her was soo angelic. It was the prettiest sight I has ever seen. I thought to myself, that if one doesn’t believe in angels one look at this picture will definitely change their minds.
I touched her hands and expected that kind of rubbery feeling that a dead person’s skin has. But they were soo soft and felt realistic. If a person did not know any better they would think Victoria was only sleeping. I felt tears tease my eyes as they were about to spill while I admired this undescribable view.
This, I thought is a perfect Angel!

3 comments:

  1. I sure wish I could have seen her!!! Her time on earth is done but what a blessing it must be for Melinda and Kevin to have had the priviledge to honour our Lord by devoting thier time and love to this special little girl!! May she rest in peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy... your making me all teary eyed with your post..... you must have been such a blessing to the parents..... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. christy...the Lord has made you a beautiful person already with a gift for creativity and the ability to communicate tenderly in writing. may He protect you and guide you always.

    ReplyDelete